Your First Visit
“Appalachian Dental Associates is committed to being the premier dental office in East Tennessee. Our Knowledgeable and compassionate team will deliver the highest quality and advanced dental treatment available to our patients.”
Our staff at Appalachian Dental Associates look forward to meeting you! Here is a little information that will help you understand what to expect, and answer any questions you may have before your first visit:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your first appointment to complete new patient paperwork if you have not already done so.
- Patients with specific health conditions should bring a list of all medications they are currently taking.
- Children under the age of eighteen years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you have pertinent information from a previous dental office such as recent x-rays we would appreciate you contacting that office beforehand to authorize the release and transfer of records.
- If you have dental insurance please bring your ID card with you.
- In order for our staff to provide the best care possible to each patient we require that new patients undergo a comprehensive examination at the time of their initial visit.
During this visit you will receive the following:
- A screening for oral cancer
- A full mouth x-ray series as needed
- A thorough evaluation of the teeth and gum tissue
- Intraoral and extraoral photographs as needed
If you have a dental emergency and require immediate care we may defer portions of the comprehensive exam to a subsequent visit depending on the time available and the nature of the treatment needed.